In at the Deep End


As I would be spending a lot more time in Bangkok during my trip I decided to leave Michelle and Richard in peace and head south to the diving paradise of Ko Tao. I was heading there to take my Open Water Qualification which is basically the beginners course to SCUBA diving.

Getting to Ko Tao wasn't a problem. I took the train from Bangkok to Chumphon where I stayed the night and then I took the ferry to the island the next day.

The train from Bangkok - Chumphon.

Walking along the pier at Chumphon to get on to the catamaran to Ko Tao.

Finally arrived at Ko Tao and my room is 10 meters from the beachside bar and restaurant...


Needless to say diving was incredible - The course lasted three days and included theory, and practical tests in a pool and then in the sea, below is a video that was made for us at the end of the course. Get yourself a glass of wine to drink while you watch it, it will go very well with the cheese of the video.


Next up the advanced course!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belize Island Hopping Tour

Palenque

Campeche