The Changover

After a few days in Bangkok I was ready for a change of pace so I hopped on a Sleeper train and headed to Chiang Mai - Thailand's second biggest city after Bangkok and situated in the north of Thailand. Saying it's the second biggest city after Bangkok though is a slight misnomer - It's tiny compared to Bangkok.

Chiang Mai is a great place to do lots of outdoor activities, so that's exactly what I did....

Getting sniffed at by a baby elephant.



Enjoying a jungle trek
Peter with wet feet.
NATURE!

COW!
TARZAN!
Crossing a bamboo bridge.
BAG NATURE!
BUTTERFLY NATURE!
Enjoying a night out with my friends from the trek. Chang was the drink of choice, and a Changover was the result!
Blind street performers.
The Chiang Mai night market.
Our new Aladdin pants from the night market.
TIGER NATURE!


Baby Tiger.
Two year old Tiger.
Hungry Tiger.



The handmade guitar I bought from the night market.
My cooking course group.
Cashew nut thingy wotsit.



Our teacher who was obsessed with euphemisms. "The West have big bananas,  but the east we have small bananas." She would then laugh to herself for around a minute or at least until everyone felt very awkward.
Hot soup and massaman curry.
A temple nearby the farm we were cooking at.
Post lunch bike ride.
TRAIN!

Spring rolls. Before.
Spring rolls. After.
Pumpkin Soup.
Zipline adventure - stairs....
My adventurer pose.
On a zip line!

Superman pose!
Everything in Thailand has a happy ending.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belize Island Hopping Tour

Palenque

Campeche