Rather Hanoying!

I flew in to Hanoi from Vientiane. I'd been warned previously that it's more than a little hectic, so I wasn't too shocked to see a moped fly past my bus from the airport...on the wrong side of the road up the middle of a dual carriage way....

I booked into a hostel and awaited the arrival of my brother Alan who arrived the next day...

Alan's arrival - we went to a roof top bar over looking the main lake in Hanoi.


Lightening over Hanoi... no rain though luckily.

The lake situated in Hanoi old town.

Alan rubbing the tortoise head, it gives you good luck... probably taking the luck from the tortoise who is unlucky enough to have a giant bird standing on his back...

Weddings and celebrations seem to happen all the time in Hanoi...

One of the many signs where the translation hasn't quite worked...


We did our stay in Hanoi in two parts, 2 days before our trips to Halong Bay and Sapa and 2 days after.... Before we left Hanoi we went on a trip to the Perfume Pagoda which included a boat trip where we witnessed a very exciting argument between some of the boat people, I think someone had strayed on to some else's turf, either way I enjoyed it immensely!

Our boat trip to the perfume pagoda.

The gate into the Perfume Pagoda.




A Cable car in the middle of nowhere.... It happens a lot more than you might think in Asia.



After Hanoi we travelled south to Hue, it was supposed to be a 12 hour night bus.... it was actually a 22 hour battle of will and determination.

Having a pot noodle before getting on the bus to Hue.

Alan's bed..... for 22 hours...

Why is the roof open?!

Errrrr.... there's a leg...

How strange!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belize Island Hopping Tour

Palenque

Campeche