Vang Vieng

Up until a few months ago Vang Vieng was where many-a young traveller - often under the influence of a horrific cocktail of alcohol and magic mushrooms - would come to throw themselves off zip lines and bridges into the Nam Song river, unfortunately all too often resulting in injury and sometimes death.

That was then, this is now. In an effort to encourage tourism of a more salubrious nature the Laos government recently began a crack down on the once rife drugs trade and dangerous activities that were associated with it.

The activity at the heart of this is called Tubing, which in its most basic form consists of floating down a river on a rubber ring, and this is exactly what I did - with a couple of friends and maybe a beer or two it was a great way to spend a day.

The downside of the day however was a lost camera. This of course means I don't have any pictures of my own so I will use some of my friends pictures when I manage to get hold of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belize Island Hopping Tour

Palenque

Campeche