Beachlife at Sihanoukville

Sihanoukville is a small beach side town on the coast of Cambodia. I arrived with my group of  friends after a long night bus and we quickly headed to our hostel which one of the girls had booked the night before.... Then we went to the beach.... for a week and a half.

We spent our time during the day at Browns Bar, with good cheap food, and lovely a beach, it was hard to go wrong. At night we would head down to Serendipity beach where we'd hang out at one of the many beach bars.

One night we spend on an island about an hours boat ride out of Sihanoukville, it was just 15 of us, some hammocks..... and an absinthe distillery...

Some photos - after a couple of bottles of absinthe

Me and Lisa chillin'!


A guitar was never far away on the island

Safety first!

We also did what's known as a booze cruise - basically going around nearby islands for the day swimming and drinking beer - a lovely way to spend the day - though I wasn't feeling too well - and then I got food poisoning...

Before the booze cruise - I didn't feel great beforehand and I felt a lot worse afterwards!
I spent the next couple of days with my trips' first bout of food poisoning, needless to say I became very well acquainted with the bathroom. As I began to feel better I began to make my plans for my next destination. As I was running out of time to apply for my Indian Visa and to get to Koh Phi Phi for Christmas I decided to catch a flight from Phnom Penh straight to Bangkok. I caught the bus with my friends to Phnom Penh where I jumped off at the airport, and they carried on to Vietnam .... with my guitar that I'd left on the bus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belize Island Hopping Tour

Palenque

Campeche