Ho Chi Minh - War Remnants Museum
I had around 5 hours to kill in Ho Chi Minh which wasn't enough time to go see the tunnels it is famous for but just enough to visit the War Remnants Museum and to visit the toilet a couple of hundred times! My bad stomach had lucky not come back to haunt me on the night bus down from Mui Ne but as soon as I arrived at around 6am into Ho Chi Minh it decided to haunt me to the point of possession - I was definitely not myself anyway!
Either way in between these unpleasant experiences I managed to make my way to the War Remnant Museum where the Vietnam war - though mainly just the atrocities committed by the US army - is documented. It was perhaps not the best choice of attraction for a dodgy stomach (some of the pictures were very graphic) but it was very interesting nonetheless!
| In case you hadn't guessed already .... this is a plane. |
| In case you hadn't guessed already ..... this is a tank .... next to a helicopter. |
After the museum I relaxed in a coffee shop for a bit and then got a taxi to the airport where I jumped on to my flight to Siam Reap in Cambodia!
Comments
Post a Comment