Siam Reap - Ankor Wat!
I arrived in to Siam Reap in the early evening and caught a Tuk Tuk to the centre of town - I ended up staying in a Dorm at Garden Village Guesthouse. I was in Siam Reap to meet my friends Chrissy and Brooke who were in Siam Reap as Chrissy was going to run a half marathon round Ankor Wat! I went out for dinner with a group of friends staying in my dorm and then had an early night as the marathon was starting at 6!
I got up at 4:30am and made my way to Ankor Wat where luckily I ran into Brooke and her friends Kyle and Jack though I promptly lost them again!
I found Chrissy who got some help with her shoes from my Tuk Tuk driver. My Tuk Tuk driver pretty much appeared from nowhere every couple of minutes. He jumped out from behind obstacles such as trees and cars just to ask me what I was up to.... eventually I managed to get away! Chrissy started the marathon and I went to explore the main temple while she was running.
Chrissy finished her run and she looked in better shape than me!
Then I went back to the guesthouse for bed!
I woke up in the afternoon and decided to join the group I went for dinner with the night before on a trip back to Ankor Wat and sunset mountain to see the sunset... obviously!
| The group! |
After the sunset we went down to pub street - we didn't get back till 4am.... so we went straight back to Ankor Wat for the sunrise!
There are multiple temples all around the Ankor Wat complex - one of the most famous is the 'tomb raider' temple - made famous by the movie.... tomb raider.
| Action lunge pose |
The temple of faces....
Ankor Wat was probably the best temple I've seen, and it is definitely a wonder of the world - though 1 day was more than enough! And so, I decided to join the group I'd been around Ankor Wat with on their travels to the beach town of Sihanoukville. We booked on to a night bus and we were on our way...
Comments
Post a Comment