Christmas - On A Boat

For Christmas I decided to treat myself so I'd booked on to a 4 day catamaran cruise - it was departing from Koh Phi Phi in the afternoon on Christmas Day so after a nice lie in I said goodbye to the group I'd been travelling with for a week or so and went to the meeting point - There I met the group of 8 people who would be joining me and our skipper for the trip. We took a small speed boat from the shore out to the catamaran in groups of twos and threes with our luggage.

We sailed for about an hour and moored up in Maya Bay - which I'd visited already - It was great to see the beach deserted as the hundreds of tourists boats departed as the sun went down.

Sunset from the Catamaran in Maya Bay
Maya Bay
The view from my window when I woke up!

In the morning we had a cooked breakfast and did some snorkeling around Maya Bay. We then set sail towards the Phuket peninsular and continued to stop off at various places for a swim and a snorkel. 







The Catamaran we were staying on.
The moon over the boat while we were moored off the Phuket  peninsular.
We continued the process of eating, sun bathing, snorkeling, reading, backgammon, snorkeling, eating, eating again, and then sleeping for the next two days - We had some incredible food cooked on the boat by our skippers wife and we also had one night where we ate at a beach restaurant - all-in-all it was a life I could get used to!

We left the boat at Phuket marina and said our goodbyes as we went our separate ways - I headed to Phuket for a night before catching a bus onwards to Koh Tao to complete my advanced PADI qualification.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belize Island Hopping Tour

Palenque

Campeche