Entering Nepal
From Varanasi we had another long journey to take us to our next destination; Nepal. We took the train overnight from Varanasi to Gorakphur (8 hours?!) and from there we were herded into vans that would take us the rest of the way to Sunauli and the Indian-Nepalese border (probably another 2 hours – I can’t actually remember). It could have been worse…..
…..and then it got worse.
After crossing the border which was slightly confusing. We accidently walked past the Indian checkpoint and straight in to Nepal before coming back to get our documents sorted. Matt and Rob had already got their Visas for Nepal before leaving the UK, I think their Visas were for 45days or so. I got mine on entry and I think it was 30 days. As I was hoping to stay longer I would need to go to the Immigration office in Kathmandu and extend it.
After that there was what felt like an eternity in a very packed, and very small minibus. I think the journey was around 8 hours. But we aged at least a couple of years and learned to choose our seats wisely on the buses made for the tiny people of Nepal.
Comments
Post a Comment